- Involvement in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”), joint venture and private equity transactions, such as:
- conducting legal due diligence investigations and preparing due diligence reports, in this regard, particular emphasis will be placed on your ability to identify legal and commercial risks.
- forming new business entities and structuring businesses and their corporate affairs.
- drafting/negotiating/reviewing of a host of transaction documents (including term sheets, subscription agreements, sale of shares agreements, shareholder agreements, distribution agreements, supply agreements and sale of business agreements).
- managing workstreams and various teams on transactions and facilitating the closing and implementation procedures.
- Advising on various aspects of applicable legislation in an M&A context, including, but not limited to, the Companies Act, 2015.
- Drafting/negotiating/reviewing of constitutional documents, memoranda of incorporation, shareholders agreements and general company secretarial attendances (for instance, the preparation of notices and minutes of meetings and company board and shareholder resolutions).
- Drafting/review of an assortment of commercial contracts (for example, non-disclosure agreements, service level agreements and lease agreements) and providing legal advice thereon.
- Research and furnishing legal opinions and advice on a wide range of legal issues (first-hand experience with the energy and infrastructure sector is preferable).
- Knowledge of Tax law and understanding of Competition and Employment law.
- Delegating to, mentoring, training and working with junior professionals within and outside of the Corporate & Commercial Department.
- managing various team members (including senior lawyers within and outside of the Corporate & Commercial Department) in M&A transactions.
- Assisting with the day-to-day practice management, by;
- preparing and settling invoices
- engaging with clients regarding invoices
Skills & Qualifications
- University Law degree;
- Admission as an Advocate in the High Court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate.
- 3-6 years’ experience post admission in a general corporate commercial law firm practice.
- Mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”), joint venture and private equity transactions.
- Ability to administer and execute instructions, from receipt to conclusion, with minimal professional supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, meticulousness, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work to meet deadlines in a highly pressurized environment.
- Be a team player, who takes his/her clients and work seriously.
- Be able to engage with often difficult and demanding clients who will interrogate your reasoning and require you to justify your legal arguments and commercial input.
- Show interest and an appreciation of what is happening around you and have an interest in business, i.e. understand that political and economic events may have an impact on your clients and your practice.
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility for monitoring the expeditious progress of transactions.
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Customer Care Support – IT) to email@example.com before 24th March 2023.