Purpose of consultancy
To provide analytical expertise for global health inequality monitoring.
- Deliverable 1: Conduct three analytical projects for health inequality monitoring, including data collation and preparation; analysis of datasets for inter-country comparisons of health and health-related outcomes across different sub-populations; analysis of geospatial data and disaggregated data using different type of data sources; and data visualization of results.
- Deliverable 2: Contribute to the technical writing of analytical reports, papers, guidance, web pages, communication materials and other products related to health inequalities, including the World Health Statistics reports.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- University degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Demography, Health Communication, Health Information Science, or related field.
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Demography, Health Communication, Health Information Science, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in data analysis using a range of data sources on population health.
- At least 2 years of experience in data analysis related to health inequalities.
- Experience in writing technical reports and papers, with at least 3 first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated experience in performing systematic literature reviews and academic writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the topic of health equity, health inequality monitoring, and equity analysis.
- Clear understanding of research methods and epidemiological/demography/statistical principles.
- Excellent knowledge of STATA or R.
- Good knowledge of data visualization techniques and software packages.
- Good knowledge of MS Office including SharePoint, Teams, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and remotely in multidisciplinary and multicultural settings.