Purpose of consultancy
To contribute to the development of competency frameworks, curriculum development, design of virtual learning materials, and design of operational guidance on how to strengthen pre-service education for different workforce cadres, to support nurturing care for early childhood development.
- Deliverable 1: Core content and common elements of available learning materials analyzed.
Target date: 15 August 2023
- Gather pre- and in-service training materials and audiovisual materials that are intended to build the capacity of the health workforce to promote nurturing care and analyze their content for core and common elements.
- Deliverable 2: Draft competency frameworks prepared, and country consultations held.
Target date 31 October 2023
- Organize consultation with governments, teaching institutions, and local actors to discuss the local needs for learning materials in selected countries.
- Develop competency frameworks for different health workforce cadres defining core knowledge and skills to support nurturing care.
- Deliverable 3: Development of core content for inclusion in basic and continuing education in progress.
Target date 31 December 2023
- Design core content on nurturing care for early childhood development, for inclusion in basic and continuing education of the health work force.
- Contribute to field testing of draft materials in selected countries.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- Advanced degree in childhood development or child psychology, pedagogy, or education.
- Certificate in curriculum development or teaching and learning methodologies.
- Over 10 years of relevant experience in the field of early childhood development.
- Experience in working with governments and stakeholders on capacity building of the early childhood workforce.
- Prior experience in developing or revising curricula for basic training institutions or higher education institutions.
- Prior experience of working with a UN or similar agency.
- Excellent knowledge of the science of ECD and its practical translation.
- Excellent knowledge of education methodologies and skills transfer.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong skills in the development or packaging of training materials.
- Good knowledge of virtual learning platforms and their requirements.