Purpose of consultancy
To contribute to finalizing the EMT 2030 to reflect the regional priorities according to each of the core objectives and the initiation of the re-classification cycle among classified EMTs.
To provide technical expertise to the EMT Secretariat in the finalization of the EMT 2030 Strategy with the main focus on aligning regional priorities with the core objectives, and operational support to the EMT Secretariat in the initiation of the re-classification of selected EMTs.
- Deliverable 1: Collate and organize information from WHO Regions on the output of discussions during the EMT Global Meeting regarding the context, priorities, foreseen challenges, and other relevant information in line with the presented EMT 2030 Strategy.
Expected by 31 December 2030.
- Activity 1.1 – Collect all relevant information listed above as an outcome of discussions during the Global Meeting.
- Activity 1.2 – Collate and present all the collected information with the synthesis of the information.
- Activity 1.3 – Contribute to the preparation of the appropriate presentation for the Strategic Advisory Group meeting scheduled in December 2022.
- Deliverable 2: Launch the EMT 2030 Strategy, following its presentation to the Strategic Advisory Group.
Expected by 30 April 2023.
- Activity 2.1 – Disseminate the outcome of the EMT Strategic Advisory Group Meeting among all EMT FPs.
- Activity 2.2 – Contribute to finalizing the respective priorities per region, and for each of the four (4) core objectives of the EMT 2030 Strategy.
- Activity 2.3 – Provide guidance to the EMT Secretariat to incorporate all the inputs from the EMT RFPs into the EMT 2030 Strategy document.
- Activity 2.4 – Provide a monthly report on the implementation plan that will cover till the end of 2023 of the EMT 2030 Strategy.
- Deliverable 3: Contribute to the creation of the workplan incorporating all the strategic elements of the EMT2030.
Expected by 31 July 2023.
- Activity 3.1 – To organize the documents relevant to the EMT2030.
- Activity 3.2 – Finalize templates of documents related to the correspondences with the EMTs, Regional Focal Points, mentors.
- Activity 3.3 – Present a comprehensive plan that include all the foreseen activities related to the EMT2030.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- Advanced university degree in health (medicine, public health, nursing or another related subject), international relations, or business or public administration.
- Certification or diploma in health emergencies, humanitarian assistance, or project management.
- At least five years of experience in the development or implementation of strategic or operational documents, or project management and implementation.
- Experience related to Emergency Medical Teams.
- Experience or a good understanding of WHO, ICRC, IFRC, MSF or national emergency response systems.
- Working knowledge about the EMT 2030 Strategy; and the EMT guiding principles, core, technical standards, and coordination mechanisms.
- Ability to plan and organize tasks related to multiple simultaneous projects, and with attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills, including ability to network and develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to review, develop and implement program procedures, systems and processes.
- Ability to maintain a positive and flexible problem-solving approach with a can-do attitude.
- Good project management skills with expertise in proposal development, implementation of emergency and developmental related projects.
- Ability to identify, pre-empt and manage program challenges.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and other related software.