The Construction Director is responsible for managing, planning, and coordinating the construction activities at our CURE Hospitals. The Construction Director will regularly travel to all construction sites, supervising Construction Managers, and oversee the project from start to finish, including organizing the schedule of works, maintaining the budget, and adhering to quality standards. This position will be the direct senior CURE representative to oversee the project’s contractor(s) works and can be based at a CURE hospital location or remote and will require regular travel to CURE hospital locations.
- Examine engineering architectural drawings and review design computations to ensure compliance with sound engineering practices and established international and local standards, codes and regulations.
- Conduct internal project assessments to validate recommendations from contracted engineers and architects.
- Complete bid analyses to ensure the best value options for assigned projects.
- Verify the contractor’s fulfillment of specifications in the Bill of Quantities and construction contracts, and review the quality of material samples to ensure it meets or exceeds standards.
- Chair and document weekly job meetings with the Project Engineer, Construction Manager and contractor to review the work plan, the progress of works, requests for information, change orders, material inspections, and other construction-related activities.
- Supervise and provide contractors with instructions to adhere to their work schedule and the required quality and safety standards.
- Conduct regular site inspections to all sites to ensure contractors maintain health and safety within the hospital grounds and project site and ensure that safety rules and best practices are strictly followed.
- Advise the Project Engineer and hospital management of any concerns and propose recommended improvements or changes.
- Review contractor invoices through verification of BOQ, and work with Project Engineer, Construction Manager, and Contractor to prepare documents for final approval and payment by hospital management and CURE finance.
- Proactively work with contractors to ensure procurement of longer lead-time items are being considered and actioned accordingly.
- Coordinate progress update meetings/conference calls with the Executive Director, Operations Manager, and Regional Head of Facilities, monthly or as requested.
- With assistance from the hospital’s communications teams create weekly progress reports on redline drawings, quantities, change orders and store progress photographs in the CURE Project Management Google Drive or other CURE designated project management systems.
- Manage any unexpected problems during the project and assist Hospital Management through any conflict resolution with the contractor, if necessary.
- Establish and chair a project risk management committee.
- Ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget by setting benchmarks, budget approval, and monitoring progress.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Certifications in one or more aspects of construction management (project management, health and safety, construction, environmental, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture or construction management preferred.
- Intermediary ability/training/certification in Autodesk products (AutoCAD and REVIT).
- Intermediary knowledge of and basic technical (hands-on) abilities in various trade skills such as carpentry, masonry, electrical, plumbing, surveying, welding, etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years of building construction project experience in the areas of major and minor projects, remodeling, and renovation.
- Previous experience in hospital / healthcare construction is essential.
- Background check will be required, if shortlisted.
- Proficient in English: Speech and Written Communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Also intermediary ability in Microsoft Project preferred.
- Proficient in PDF documents redlining and commenting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of engineering practices and principles for healthcare facilities.
- Knowledge of the construction standards, codes, and regulations pertaining to the construction and maintenance of structures and facilities.
- Pre-construction knowledge regarding costs of construction and maintenance. Ability to complete bid analyses.
- Ability to perform general construction tasks.
- Ability to administer and conduct a thorough and detailed inspection of buildings and facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop a list of recommendations to correct existing facilities and new construction problems.
- General understanding of lifecycle maintenance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CURE International on cure.applytojob.com to apply