- Provide sound, pragmatic and effective advice to the company regarding compliance, contracts and other areas of potential risk, to assist in the design and implementation of procedures to manage legal risk and to ensure the legal affairs are effectively and efficiently managed.
- Ensure that all aspects of risk are identified, covered and controlled in the implementation of new projects, systems, procedures and products.
- Ensure that changes and developments in legislation, regulations, guidelines and practices affecting operations are analysed, evaluated and any required appropriate action taken to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Draft, review and advise on legal agreements, contracts, leases to ensure compliance and to safeguard the interest of the Company.
- Ensure that loan agreements, security documents, and other agreements are properly negotiated, documented, and, where applicable, registered.
- Monitor all litigation matters through constant follow ups and coordination with the external lawyers to ensure the interests of the Company are protected.
- Provide high quality, professional guidance to the Company on corporate governance in relation to the provisions of the Companies Act, Corporate Governance regulatory and statutory provisions, and other related legislation to ensure the Company maintains high standards of Corporate Governance
- Provide sound and effective company secretarial services to the Company through maintenance of statutory registers and other company records, Annual filings, event driven filings to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Company’s Act
- Organize the Company Board Meetings through issuance of relevant Notices, preparation of agendas, board papers, sharing the Board papers with all directors taking minutes to ensure the Board’s deliberations are well documented, communicated and implemented.
- Organize training and development programs for the company to ensure staff and directors understand and effectively discharge their duties and responsibilities for the success of the company
- Act as the legal custodian of the Company Seal and key legal documents
- Oversee company insurance policies.
- Assist in other corporate and operational matters as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university
- Certified Public Secretary CPS(K)
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, member of the Law Society of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships.
- Ability to cope with prominent level of responsibility and with confidential matters.