Requirements for Appointment:-
- Worked as an oncologist for at least 3 years in a recognized facility;
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Higher National diploma in Oncology from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate of Registration from Clinical Officers’ Council ;
- Valid professional Practice License from the Clinical Officer’s Council; and
- Certificate in computer applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Taking history, examining, diagnosing, ordering laboratory and imaging investigations for cancer patients;
- Interpreting laboratory and imaging results;
- Treating and clinical care for cancer patients;
- Guiding and counseling cancer patients and staff on health issues;
- Sensitizing cancer patients and clients on preventive and promotive health;
- Carrying out surgical procedures as per training and skill;
- Collecting and compiling clinical data; and
- Assessing, preparing and presenting medico-legal reports and referring cancer patients and clients to appropriate health facilities.