The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in the County Department of Stakeholder Management, Public Participation, Special Projects and Disaster Management shall be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member for Governance, Communication, Administration and Devolution
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of the county department
- Implementation of County Executive Committee resolutions as guided by the Executive Committee Member;
- Ensuring effective service delivery through implementation of laid out policies and regulations;
- Development and implementation of departments strategic plans and sector development plans;
- Ensuring promotion of national values and principles of governance as outlined in the constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of the department’s financial and non-financial resources;
- Coordinating public participation programs modelled in cells from the village to the County and managing intensive civic education forums to create awareness on county programs and projects in close working relationships with other relevant county organs;
- Facilitating the management of public complaints and responses;
- In charge of fire brigades and disaster management and response;
- Maintaining effective collaboration and partnerships with other organs of the county, other county departments, the private sector and other stakeholders;
- Promoting the realization of the County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP);
- Ensuring timely, efficient communication and coordination of departmental affairs;
- Interpreting and applying National and County laws and other related statutes in line with the County goals and objectives;
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals, and;
- Performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Have a relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Kenya.;
- Possession of a relevant professional qualification and membership with a relevant professional body will be added advantage;
- A Master’s degree or higher academic qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Have a vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in a relevant field, 5 years of which MUST be in leadership or senior management position in public or private sector;
- Have a proven experience in managing resources in a high performing organization;
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the County Government and its functions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the goals policies and developmental objectives of the county.
- Be result oriented and a strategic thinker;
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles of governance and public service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Be computer literate and have a working knowledge of IFMIS
- Demonstrable leadership and management capacity including Knowledge of financial management and strategic people management.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Homa-Bay County Public Service Board on www.homabay.go.ke to apply