A Chief Accountant will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotel’s profitability. You will ensure that Finance teams are providing month-end closing and all other required management reports. The Chief accountant will be a highly motivated team player with strong accounting, communication, business presentation, analytical skills and strong systems background.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Finance and Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and direct the team to supervise all revenues and expenses, as well as all inventories.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day financial reporting and controlling requirements of the departments and will be required to review and analyze management accounts.
- To plan, direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of the personnel involved in accounting and other financial functions of the organization.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve financial performance.
- Maintain an account of all the transactions of the organization.
- Responsible for budget and cost controls, financial analysis, accounting practices and reports.
- Any matter which may affect the interests of the hotel should be brought to the attention of the Management.
- Assist Cluster DOF in preparation of Annual Budgets
Financial & Operational Management:
- Identify optimal, cost-effective use of the resources and educate the team on the same.
- Preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts.
- Monitor budgetary and key performance indicator movements.
- Ensure to liaise with the company auditors and regulators.
- To develop the financial reporting and accounting systems.
- Responsible for all financial and accounting functions of the organization.
- Ensure to manage the development of accounting admissions, credit/collections and internal control policies.
- Recommend to the management on the issues related to Stock Management and Inventory controlling.
- Prepare periodical Management Information Reports.
- Performs all other functions as assigned by Management.
- Ensure to take the responsibility for maintaining accurate records.
- Providing effective financial controlling & also implement Control systems.
- Leadership skills that utilize persuasion and motivation to attain organizational goals is the most desirable management quality, followed by honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, tactfulness, openness, and cultural awareness.
- Ability to accept responsibility.
- Self-confidence, motivation, drive and tenacity.
- Ability to enhance organizational performance.
- Ability to clearly delegate tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to think strategically, inductively, and creatively.
- Propensity to recognize and acknowledge other people’ ideas.
Your experience and skills include:
- A graduate degree in business or CPA (K)
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position within the hospitality industry.
- Previous experience financial reports, P&L and balance sheet.
- Prior experience working with Accounting Systems and POS (Sun, Opera, Micros,Silverware)