What’s in it for you
- You will enroll in the workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance as per Hotel offering
- Be part of creating the historic story of rehabilitating and releasing the rare Mountain Bongo that was heading toward extinction.
- Working with a hotel rich in history and known for exemplary services while growing your career
- Employee Benefits Card offering discounted rates in Accor Worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility Activities, like Planet 21.
What will you be doing
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure all team members are aware of standards and expectations of operations
- Work closely with chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow the Kitchen SOPS ensure they are adhered to
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling and preparing food
- Other duties as assigned
We invite you to bring your eye for detail, passion for cooking and join our incredibly talented pastry team as we bring creativity and passion to the culinary section at Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club.
Your experience and skills include
- 3 years’ culinary management experience in a luxury hotel or large kitchen environment
- Previous experience in a 5 star or Premium hotel in a similar position
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Possess strong leadership, organization, time management & communication skills
- Strong skills in visual presentation of food, keep up to date with culinary trends and plating styles
- Works well with others, demonstrates good team spirit with an open mind