About the role:
SunCulture as the leading distributor of Solar Pumps and irrigation kits in Africa, is developing carbon offset projects that will require various field data packages at individual phases of the project development for emissions reductions estimations, validating and verifying the related calculations, and to support the accreditation of related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This role will focus on the seamless data gathering, management and reporting starting from the field collection, storage to processing for the consultants to use for technical reporting and complete technical monitoring and verification reports. The Consultant will also contribute to refining and improving the data management pipeline alongside the Carbon team and other SunCulture teams. The holder of this role will report directly to the Head of Carbon. This structure may however change.
- Carbon data management
- Carbon data quality assurance for validation and verification with consultants
- Training and coordination of field data activities
- Development of field data reports on field and support verification protocols
- In support of Head of Carbon to lead coordination of in country field teams
- Timesheet updates and management
- Participate in weekly technical data structure meetings with carbon consultants and validators
- Update and report to Head of carbon and finance team on field data outcomes
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor or MSc Degree in data management, environmental science, engineering, statistics or business
- 3-5 years of experience in handling data either in business, environmental science and or mathematics fields
- Conversant with Microsoft excel, Power BI, statistical and data processing platforms (R software, Tableau etc)
- Ability to manage Open Data Kits (ODK) applications – Kobo Tool Box, Survey 123, Q field.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Quick learner and ability to work under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SunCulture Kenya Ltd on sunculture.freshteam.com to apply