We are pleased to announce the position of Billing Engineer – Revenue Management Support in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Revenue Management Support the position holder will act as Billing Engineer for Safaricom, for Revenue Management Support team towards supporting operations and maintenance of Revenue Management systems for Converged Billing system (CBS), Mediation system, Provisioning, UVC, and other Billing related systems
- Ensure Bill run, reporting, CDR delivery, provisioning is delivered in a timely manner as per SLA
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for Billing systems.
- Responsible for Revenue Management support including but not limited to availability, performance and reliability of Billing systems.
- Responsible for implementation and integration of new Billing hardware/software, installation and integration projects
- Responsible for addressing customer complaints, requests, systems faults and on call for emergency response
- Reporting on systems performance, monitoring alert systems, tickets and incidents
- Backup management of all Billing systems.
- Version management of all Billing systems within agreed version levels.
- Business continuity execution as per Safaricom BCP policy.
- Incident and problem management in line with SLA agreed with various stakeholders.
- Optimization of the Billing systems Internal Process to ensure optimal operations through initiatives such as automation.
- Liaise closely with Revenue Management Planning, Products and PMO to ensure that new products and services are delivered with the right quality
- Strong knowledge in Billing & Charging domain
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix, scripting, Databases
- Strong planning, design and problem-solving skills
- Experience in DevOps, Software design/development skills, Java or python programming
- Good and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Engineering, Science, IT, Telecommunication or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Telecommunications, financial services sector or similar industries in relevant field of Design, Planning & Support
- Experience of Huawei Convergent Billing System (CBS)