- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sector, functional area or other specialized field. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to assist with data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field is required. A first level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in project/programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience in implementing environmental programmes or projects is desirable.
- Experience with UN system, governmental or non-governmental institutions implementing projects/programmes addressing plastic pollution is desirable.
- Prior experience in inter-governmental environmental processes is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable (none if successful YPP or P-1 with a related degree).
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.