Requirements for appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have a first degree in any of the following disciplines: Physical Planning, Urban and Regional Planning from a recognized university in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- At least Six (6) years’ experience in the field of physical planning in the grade of principal physical Planner.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the county development objectives and Vision 2030;
- Be conversant with policy formulation and implementation;
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity;
- Member of Planners Professional Body (KIP or AAK, Town Planners chapter);
- Knowledge in GIS will be an added advantage; and
- Be computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development, implementation and evaluation of the relevant division strategic plan, programs and projects in collaboration with other departments and stakeholders;
- Planning and supervision of the physical planning department’s programs and activities;
- Organization, direction, control and the co-ordination of the tasks of the physical planning department;
- Interpreting and applying national and county laws and other related statutes in the physical planning department in line with the county goals and objectives;
- Developing appropriate county departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of the physical planning department;
- Handling administrative, human resource and asset management issues;
- Oversee preparation of annual work plans and financial budgets;
- Ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary and procurement procedures;
- Co-ordination of production, documentation and dissemination of the relevant division’s information; and
- Provide advice and guidance in recruiting, hiring and staff development.